Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Devastating news


I just learned that Saxophone player, Leroi Moore from Dave Matthews Band has died due to complications from the ATV accident he was in back in June.  I am devastated.  My heart is still sinking... further and further into my body.  Yet somehow, I feel numb.

Before moving back to Hawaii, touring with DMB was something Chris and I did every summer.  We saw our last DMB shows at Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado back in September of 2005.  Out of the twenty-something shows I've seen, no two were ever alike.  Somehow now, I feel that no show will ever be the same.

Leroi,

Thank you for all the good times.  Thanks for the inspiration.  Thanks for Say Goodbye intros, and One Sweet World intros... always a favorite of mine.  You will be missed by many.

Aloha and BIG Mahalo, from the heart of a woman who will never be the same, on an island in the Pacific.

No comments: